Friday 19 February 2016

Waiting, Worrying and Aching!

It's only one week until my departure, yep, things are getting real!

I'm currently housebound waiting for the courier to deliver my passport and Indian Visa once that is done then all I have left to 'worry' about is the new injury I acquired yesterday (more on this in a mo) and whether I will be able to lose my ego in Mysore and not care that I can't do half lotus.....

So, a big part of yoga is letting go, and letting go of the EGO. I read this lovely post on Instagram earlier -
Woman says to Buddha ' I want Happiness' He replies - 'get rid of I for that is the ego, get rid of want for that is desire, and all you are left with is happiness'

Soo....I no longer will want to get into half lotus, I will endeavour to let go of the ego (the inner voice over) and think 'so what' ?? So what if I am worrying, and aching and spinning myself into a tizzy over this pose. Practice and it will come.
So what if I can't hold my headstand for the full 25 breaths, and so what if I forget the sequence. I am going to LEARN.

So yeah, so what if I pulled a muscle (or something) in my Lattimus Dorsi yesterday, today I did a gentle practice (not Ashtanga) with some Yin style hip openers (to work towards that elusive lotus) and guess what, I felt ok with that.

So, here is my 'humble' child's pose to say, Mysore I am almost coming for you, and I accept where I am today, and where I will be tomorrow, and that's ok. Let that sh*t go! Lose the ego, practice and all is coming.....to be continued!!




No comments:

Post a Comment