Monday 25 April 2016

Sawadee!

So, I'm now into my third week at the fabulous Yoga Retreat, in Koh Phangan.

My good friends Teresa and Kes started this retreat in the stunning jungle location near Haad Salad beach in 2000, and since then have been working hard growing the business into the thriving retreat it is today.

Shala with jungle views 

They very kindly offered me to come over to the Island to teach the Hatha/Vinyasa classes at the weekends, with the added bonus that I can continue my practice with an authorised teacher.
I am also helping out at the retreat by covering the managers shifts and trying to raise the profile on social media (as you know I'm such a big fan of social media!)

Some pics of the spaces on the retreat:






So the last two weeks have been settling in and getting to know the set up here, meeting all the wonderful guests and of course practicing Mysore style daily.

I have also been exploring the wonderful beaches of the west of the island, each beach coming with it's own USP - beach bar music, coral reefs, solitude, swings, the beaches have it good here!

The retreat offers daily drop in classes or for the more serious or people with more time to develop their practice, we offer 5-30 day courses and detox programmes.
The Mysore classes and lectures, pranayama and meditation is lead by Shelley Smith, who is a Level 2 Authorised teacher and soon will be assisted by Kes who just got his Level 1 Authorisation in Mysore with me last month.

I am teaching my Vinyasa Flow classes at 4pm on Saturday and Sundays, and for the moment I am also covering the Sunday morning half led primary series class!!!

The retreat attracts people from all over the world, it has been lovely making new friends and chatting to people from different walks of life, all with the common goal of improving and developing their yoga practice, health, diet, minds and working on the other limbs of Ashtanga aside from the asanas!




At this point I am not sure how long I will stay, but it will be hard to leave that's for sure!
Next post....the beautiful beaches!


No comments:

Post a Comment