Tuesday 15 March 2016

An Indian Birthday

After practice it was time for a little snooze, and when I awoke I would declare my birthday had started!

I had got given some cards to bring with me so it was nice to open them and feel the love from back home.
I was then invited to breakfast at KesoTes (my new name for the house that Teresa and Kes live in - which is actually named KinoTim after Kino McGregor and her husband, Tim Manfield)
Shanta, their 'maid' made me a delicious omelette, and I made everyone a fruit salad, and I had some more gifts, a beautiful garland of jasmine for my hair from Laura and the Astanga Yoga Anusthana Book by Guruji/Sharath Jois, the hardback limited edition one!

We then were getting picked up by the wonderful Nayana, a friend of Kes+Tes who has been building a house on her farm in Sriangapatna, just outside Mysore, on the river. So we were going to have a picnic in the garden on the river of this incredible house.

Nayana also runs a free clinic in the village for the villagers who can't afford health care, so all the villagers greet us like we are royalty, they have so much respect for Nayana and her husband and it is so lovely to see these people all so happy when they see her.

Sitting in the garden is like being on a nature reserve, we spot numerous birds, cranes, kites, kingfishers, peacocks and a pelican! As well as two brave chameleons who come up close for a look at us. We also didn't spot but knew there was a snake somewhere on the grounds as the birds start to call out 'danger' to each other!

So, all in all a lovely day to chill and relax and chat with new friend and old

Some photos of the day (house and grounds)









zoom in for Kingfisher!

and another zoom required for this chameleon!

beautiful end to a beautiful day xx

No comments:

Post a Comment