Saturday 26 March 2016

What do we do when we are not practicing?

I wondered this before I came, and in fact had read many blogs about what people get up to in their 'sapre' time.

what I can confirm is basically eating (food post will be coming shortly), resting, reading, chatting, eating again, drinking chai, and what can best be described as 'lounging'







If you come in March you will also find that the only place off your mat you want to spend anytime on is at the pool!!! Boy is it hot in March! beware if you are planning to come, and splash out on a place with a/c - but also note that the power goes out frequently so even your luxury a/c pad might be a hot box in 20 mins of no power...

First at the pool = me being silly!


Yoga Squad Goals 

KesoTes lounging at Regalis 


My second favourite hangout after the pool is under my fan, in my room, with all the curtains closed and very little on.....'what a waste' I hear you cry, yes, I know I am in one of the most colourful, crazy, cultural places in the world...but you try 'sightseeing' here in March!

My favourite time of day runs between 6am-9am, so that is when I have been doing things like take a walk to the temple, visit a market, or take a stroll around the streets of Gokulam. Any time after that and all you can think about it air conditioned restaurants and rooms...and ice!
In fact, one of my house mates, after a week of sweaty, sleepless nights, booked herself into the Raddison Blu for the night just to spend a night in an a/c room - where she slept for 11 hours straight! Happy Holi to Jenna!

So, that is it, not forgetting we have chanting class three times a week, and conference with Sharath on Saturday mornings, and the obligatory Castor Oil baths, cookery classes, Sanskrit classes, many many other classes and lectures should you feel the need to expand the grey matter in all things of Indian and Yogic culture.

Believe me, you will never be bored, and your body will thank you for resting before the next assault in class each morning.


No comments:

Post a Comment